We are a group of volunteers who are extremely concerned about the potential expansion of Biggin Hill Airport. Our mission statement more…
We fear that the approval by Bromley Council to extend the operating hours will lead to fare paying passenger flights, which could be every few minutes from 6.30am until 11pm, Monday to Friday , then 8am to 10pm at weekends (source LBB report DRR15/097 of 25 November).
We have started the process of a legal challenge. This is our last chance and we need funds now.
HOW YOU CAN HELP – please donate whatever you can
Flightpath Watch, 125 Cudham Lane North, Green St. Green,Orpington BR6 6BY
NatWest: A/C 58604227 Sort code: 600814
THE BIG QUESTION?
Is the increase in operating hours at Biggin Hill Airport the first step to fare paying passenger flights? Regional Airports Limited (who own Biggin Hill) took Bromley Council (LBB) to court in 2000 trying to get fare paying passenger flights allowed. LBB had to take RAL to the High Court to get the decisions overturned.
BASIC FACTS and more vital details…
- Biggin Hill Airport will operate 17 hours more per week than City Airport
- Biggin Hill Airport is forecast to have a 72% increase in business jets
- Helicopter operation is allowed during unsocial hours (they advertise a 6 minutes transfer to London)
- RAL have already bought the farm at the end of the runway
- The present operators of Biggin Hill Airport previously owned Southend Airport which is now operating as a 24 hour Airport more…
Biggin Hill, Biggin Hill Airport, Bigginhill, Bigginhillairport, http://www.bigginhillairport.com/
Contact us: Info@FlightpathWatch.co.uk